Sunday, December 7, 2008

i never knew making him smile could mean this much to me.

I told a boy, once, that I wanted to go
to a college in England.
It freaked him out that I dream big
(it freaked me out that
he thought he loved me).
I still dream, but I don't think he loves me.

I told a boy once that we shouldn't
put a limit on things.
"Just let things happen," I said.
He told me I couldn't expect to understand him, at 16.
I still know more than he realizes, but
I understand why he shot that dream down.

I told a boy once that I wanted to be a missionary,
to doctor in South America
He told me to get real and stop dreaming God.
I still dream South America, but I never dreamt God.

I told a boy yesterday all of these things,
and that I'm falling in love.
He told me that they made sense, my dreams
and smiled
(which ties all good together).
-07/05/08

No comments: