Sunday, May 4, 2008

something that made me actually stop moving.

josh gave me a "hope this helps you get through finals" pack. it was a mix cd (with the track list written on a beach ball [deflated, por supuesto]), a pair of his sweatpants that I wear a lot, and a pack of gum. I opened the gum, and there was a note inside.

"Emily:
Hey you. I think that you should enjoy this pack of gum. Each piece has something to tell you. I like you because...
-JT"

So, basically, I melted. I don't usually account full detailed stories like this, but I've reread these like six or seven times. They give me hope about finals and they make me smile in general.

I like that you want the world to be made right again and think it can be.
I like that you save cats when they are alone, pick up trash when it is on the ground, and open your eyes to the world around.
I like that you want to do something that no one else is willing or capable of doing.
I like that you stop to pick flowers whenever and wherever you are.
i like your name... all of it.
I like that you want to know.
I like that you will fix my roommate and I a steak even though it revolts you (I mean you did get apple pie out of it...)
I like that you make me want to brush my teeth, but make me feel like I don't have to.
I like that you understand the value of giving and the scale at which it is most appreciated (peanut butter cookies and windmills).
I like that you have shaped my life (even to the point that I now write "I like" before each of these clauses).
I like that you no only know what to say, but how and when to say it.

No comments: