Friday, June 29, 2007

On Tuesday, one of the youth leaders at my youth group saw me driving into the parking lot, going too fast because I was late for youth, and mentioned to me later that he "saw that white car coming down the road and was like, geez, that girl's going really fast" and then was "shocked to find that that girl was [me]."

Yeah. Umm... I never really fancied myself someone who speeds, but that has really stuck in my head the past few days. Speeding. It's not just about when you drive, but how you look at life. I race, always multitasking, always running, always in a hurry. How often do I take walks? Whenever I drive somewhere, I look at the speed limit, instantly add 5 miles/hour to it (I once heard they won't pull you over for going less than 5 miles per hour over the limit), and go that speed. I've been making an effort to go either the posted speed limit or one mile/hour over it the last few days, and I've really learned a lot. It sounds dumb, but 5 miles/hour faster won't get you somewhere any faster. Running a yellow light won't get you somewhere any faster, because if it's that necessary, you're already late.

I'm a late person, but I fight it and speed and worry amd stress to try to get somewhere on time. I'm done with that. I'm a late person, and I'm going to be late. And you know what? You notice a lot more when you slow down and enjoy the drive.

--

Also. I heard once that it's unChristian to tell someone else how much so-and-so hurt you, because it spreads ill will about so-and-so. That's really hard to do, but I'm doing it right now. So, that hurt me, so-and-so. I wish I hadn't seen it in the first place.

No comments: