Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.

I am so excited about Lollapalooza. It's a three-day musical festival in Chicago, replete with amazing bands, awesome people, and endless possibility. I've flown alone before, so that's nothing major-league, but arriving somewhere where there's no one waiting for me? Where I get to rely on myself, alone, to find an L train, get to a hotel, and spend four days in Chicago listening ot amazing music and having a ridiculously good time.

This is what it's like to be a grown up, and now, I finally feel like one. This isn't a day trip with friends; it's a vacation on my own, where I'm left up to my own devices, and full of infinite possibility.

I'm also getting more and more excited about school. August 29th, I start the first day of the next four years. What an awesome feeling. Getting to rely totally on myself, 803 miles from home. Scary, but exciting.

I'm getting stuff in the mail each day that I've ordered for this year. Allergy casings for my mattress, a bedspread, socks. It makes it even more exciting.

Also, I love cooking. I'm getting more and more into it, and I don't even mind spending money buying mangoes and rice noodles and mint leaves for moroccan tangime with spring vegetables. It's exciting and fufilling, spending an hour working over a stove to make something that no one other than me will get within two feet of.

There's Chocolate Mexican Rice Pudding in my fridge, if you're interested. And it's vegan. -grins- Who'd've thought?

No comments: