Saturday, July 14, 2007

sometimes you're futher than the moon, sometimes you're closer than my skin.

Jessica has a thing for this boy. he plays in a band, he's really cute, and he doesn't know her. for the longest time, she had seen him play at the winter retreat with my church, found him on myspace, and that was it. Now we've seen his band play a few times, and they're myspace friends, and that's still it.

she was kind of wistfully complaining last night that her stomach flies up into her mouth whenever she sees him, but he'll never know. honestly, I kind of understand.

I have a habit of developing little crushes on boys. Boys that are either way too old (21+), way too cute, or way too committed to something for me. Most of the time, they don't even know I exist, at varying degrees. And I'm fine with that; I get over it in a week or so and nobody's the wiser.

But don't you ever wonder? Like, why do I stumble across some really, really neat sounding kid on myspace who's from erie and think I'd really like him a lot. Why? It's not like he's ever going to meet me. Or the guy at church who goes to LECOM. HELLO, I'm not even in college yet! Why would he like me?

Where are all the good Christian boys, God? Are they at Emory? Even just one? Because I'm putting my stock in that. I'm sick of dating people that I don't mesh with and I have to compromise myself for. I will not compromise on some things, Lord.

Can you send someone my way, maybe, who is perfect for me? That'd be nice. Or even just good for me. I'm not ready to meet my soul mate just yet.

EDIT: The cute guy at barnes and noble that I'm basically humanly incapable of talking to gave me his phone number. Without prompting, or anything. AHH. He thought I was a grad student, and then asked how old I was... haha, he thought I might like to go out for a drink sometime. Of course, then when he realized I'm not old enough to drink, I realized I had a problem. Because he's 28. Which I didn't know. BUT STILL. What an ego boost, even if he is way too old. It's too bad. :)

No comments: