Sunday, January 27, 2008

priorities

"we spend too much time worrying about what important people think, when we should be worrying about what people who think we're important think."

God is so good.

I told Josh tonight that during the sermon, I was thinking about what the pastor was saying about brokenness, and how this world is so broken, but some day it will be returned to perfect and "exceedingly good" once again. And I was reflecting on my own life, and how there are a lot of aspects that are definately broken and weigh on me, and a lot that are exceeding good. And Josh makes me feel less broken, which we all are, but is overcome-able.

Not very like me to tell someone that. More like me to think about it and say nothing.

Once you commit yourself by letting them know, you no longer hold the reigns. You're on level footing, and you've fallen, and now there's that fear that they won't. It's kind of terrifying.

But it's part of the beauty.

I love Neruda's XVII.

No comments: