Monday, March 10, 2008

beauty.

I realized today that I am incredibly blessed. That yeah, sure, school is hard right now. But it's going to get better. Life moves on.

I think what I needed was perspective.

I also think that, quite possibly, one of the most beautiful things I've ever witnessed was the look on Josh's face on saturday night in the dark. I didn't have my contacts in and couldn't quite see him, but I caught, albeit blurrily, the look in his eyes when he held my stare and said "I was just thinking that I never want to make you feel dirty."

Wow. I immediately flashed back to a prayer for that, one time. For someone who'd say stop when I didn't. For someone who'd value my modesty.

Josh said that he heard once, from his pastor, I think, that you should treat your girlfriend as you would want someone to treat your wife, because you recognize that she will be someone's wife, too, eventually, and they'll appreciate you having respected her. That floored me.

People surprise you, I think. I love it when God answers prayer with a chuckle. -grins-

No comments: