Tuesday, September 25, 2007

criteria.

So, Saturday night, my friend Adil and I laid on the roof of the Carlos Museum for four hours (3-7am) discussing soulmates. Does everyone have a soul mate? I believe so. I want to very badly, anyway. And we spent most of the time talking about what our individual soulmates would look/act/be like--preferences or qualities, some of them seemingly unimportant, that form the perfect person for each of us.

Things like the following.

My soulmate would be disarming. He would know me nearly completely, but not perfectly. Surprises are the spice of life.
My soulmate would be willing to be embarrassed a little to make me happy. Even if he can't dance, he would to shake things up a bit.
My soulmate would be quite at home on the furniture.
My soulmate wouldn't bother with throw pillows or other silly norms dictated by society.
When entering a room, my soulmate would head for the windows.
My soulmate's hugs would last longer than 3 seconds.
My soulmate would make me never again look at another guy.
My soulmate would think that I hung the moon.
My soulmate would be my best friend.
My soulmate would make everyone else seem black and white to his technicolour.
My soulmate would see God as more real than anyone or anything else he's ever encountered.
My soulmate would appreciate shared silences.
My soulmate would make me smile constantly, sometimes just by being there.
My soulmate would be spontaneous and somewhat unpredictable.
My soulmate would kiss me in the rain.
My soulmate wouldn't be afraid to just go.

No comments: