Thursday, September 13, 2007

well maybe, this life is like your bed

I've met a ton of awesome people here. It's kind of exciting... And I'm back on that path of being mistaken for a junior or a senior, which is exciting and reassuring. I typically don't like "freshman orientation"-type activities because they make me feel young. Young and naieve and just like everyone else, which, to be honest, I am. I do not, however, act like many of the kids in my year, which must seperate me on some level I don't see and, so, causes people to ask that smile-inducing question of, "what year are you? junior?" Always a winner.

I really like this Christian coffeehouse that I found here. It's called Bread, and it's really awesome--free coffee and usually bread or cookies and sometimes a full meal, along with bible studies, devotional lunches, and wicked sweet bands that come and play every wednesday night. Kind of a fiesta.

And it's exciting to get involved in clubs, too. Not that it doesn't make me want to start one of my own (Oxfam, maybe?), but it's neat to meet a ton of people interested in neuroscience, global health, amnesty international, advocating against human trafficking, or, most importantly, Jesus. I really like ECF, which is this christian fellowship group here, and I'm excited about small groups starting and meeting more really nifty people through that.

And I met this boy named Ian. And I really like him, which is kind of good, and kind of frustrating. Frustrating because I'd really like to go on a date with him, but he's got to make the first move, and I hate waiting. But, whatever. If it's meant to happen, it will. And in the mean time, it's just exciting to be here.

And to leave with a quote from Rosseau:
"On a fait l'Amour aveugle car il n'y a pas de meilleurs yeux que nous." // We made love blind because there are no better eyes than us.

love you all.

No comments: